Skip to main content

Disc Golf with Jeff

New dude to the area named Jeff. He's a good guy. Met him playing ultimate a couple months back. He's a thin dude with some cool tats. 40 years young. :)

He's pretty articulate and fun to talk to. The other day we went disc golfing together right here in town. It was good time for sure. We got right into it. Started talking about our story in faith. He's much different than I and he had no problem pushing back on a couple of things that I said regarding my thoughts on hell. I was impressed! He was also pretty against imagining that Obama had any redeeming qualities as a president. So yeah, if there was any non-bubble conversation I needed to have, I got my wish LOL.

This is one of the guys that I invited to the poker get together so I think I made a good choice. Even after we finished our discussion and round of disc-golf he wanted to meet for breakfast the next day after morning basketball. I couldn't because I had a coffee scheduled with someone.

I look forward to many more conversations with Jeff.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review - Blue Like Jazz

I liked the book for the most part. I sort of thought there'd be more speaking from a skeptic's point of view. But a critic of the Christian culture is an important endeavor as well. I thought there were a lot of different assumptions that were made concerning various points of view, and so there were some jumps that a reader such as myself had to make. Seeing as how the book was written in the early 2000's that does make sense. I like his bend toward social justice and he also seems well traveled into the realm of secular thinkers and communicators. It does us a disservice as communicators in this century to be in our faith bubble and think that that's how people should think. It was a little tough reading all his stuff about being single and wondering about marriage and girlfriends ugh.. I know it was his journey but I have a bias, I think, about guys that aren't married. I just think of them as kids. There's an emotional muscle that marriage works that

June 6th and 7th

Got to do some stuff around the house. Bought and put out the flowers for the summer. Sat in the yard and read Blue Like Jazz. Took the boys to soccer.. ya know that usual. It was nice to run some errands with Alissa and just talk about whatever. I guess you could say we got to CONNECT! 

Pacem In Terris

Last week I went to Pacem in Terris. Such a cool experience. The cabins are outfitted perfectly for simple living that leaves you pining a little bit for modern conveniences but also supplies you with enough to feel like you can sustain yourself on very little. Which, in reality, you can. I journaled extensively throughout my stay there.( July 9th in the afternoon through mid-morning on the 12th). It was muggy and buggy the entire stay save the first night, it cooled down quite a bit which was nice. By the third night it was so hot at night that I attempted to sleep out on the screen covered porch. That went OK until about 2 in the morning and then a thunderstorm raged through. That was great, I like the thunder and the lightning but there was no cooling effect from it unfortunately. They supplied me with a straw hat on which to drape a full-body bug net. I tried to go outside without it. Nope. The rest of the time I wore it almost every time I ventured outside. I saw lots of wild