Skip to main content

June 8th

First day of no school for the kids. They seemed to enjoy it. I ran errands this morning and the weather was incredible. I finished out the rest of the flowers out front.
Briar ran errands with me. At one point, driving by Walmart, she says "Why does Walmart have a Subway?" I was like "I have no idea." She ended the conversation with "I don't know why they'd do that when we have one right here." Great observation for a 5 yr old.

Cleaned the bathrooms and then went on an hour and half workout. Chasing the frisbee is something I can only really do in the summer. It was fantastic.

In the evening I picked up the guitar for a bit to keep the finger strength up. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging out with Rainn

Took Rainn over to the soccer fields and just hung out with him for a while. He needs one on one time more than I think he lets on. He sort of gets squished in the middle of everything so it's nice to just see him. He really loves soccer and he's getting really good. In the future I really want to carve out time for him. He's a pretty great guy.

Coffee with Carlie

Carlie just graduated last year from Shawano High and was in the music program. Jazz band, and choir. Also she was on the worship leader team in her youth group in town. So next year she'll be an R.A. at her college, will be on the worship team at her church, and entering the music Ed program.  So she's interested in worship leading as a job alongside of her teaching career. I also have a couple other teens interested in leading worship more and more. I have some decent experience from which to teach but I'm not yet sure how to articulate or teach some of the concepts. There's a lot of intangibles to leading worship. Sensing the room, the Spirit, how the team is responding to the set; these are things that I can say, but how do I point it out? I guess I need to figure it out because I think these kids are here now, and I want to be there for them in a way that they are better equipped as they move forward in their walk and worship. I feel like if I'm to stay in...

Book Review - Blue Like Jazz

I liked the book for the most part. I sort of thought there'd be more speaking from a skeptic's point of view. But a critic of the Christian culture is an important endeavor as well. I thought there were a lot of different assumptions that were made concerning various points of view, and so there were some jumps that a reader such as myself had to make. Seeing as how the book was written in the early 2000's that does make sense. I like his bend toward social justice and he also seems well traveled into the realm of secular thinkers and communicators. It does us a disservice as communicators in this century to be in our faith bubble and think that that's how people should think. It was a little tough reading all his stuff about being single and wondering about marriage and girlfriends ugh.. I know it was his journey but I have a bias, I think, about guys that aren't married. I just think of them as kids. There's an emotional muscle that marriage works that ...