Skip to main content

Monday, June 4

I got to work out in the afternoon. Then right after school River and I headed out to Milwaukee to check into a hotel. On Tuesday we go to the Children's Hospital to get River Tested.
Had a good drive down with River. We had Sushi at a local place in Maquon and he really liked that. He had a Japanese Soda and I had a Japanese beer with our food. We dominated the California Roll part of the menu. After that we went back to the hotel and played Ping Pong down by the pool.

Before bed we watched a bit of the Bachelorette. We made fun of the idiots on that show and turned out the lights. I finished a netflix doc on Meditation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review - Blue Like Jazz

I liked the book for the most part. I sort of thought there'd be more speaking from a skeptic's point of view. But a critic of the Christian culture is an important endeavor as well. I thought there were a lot of different assumptions that were made concerning various points of view, and so there were some jumps that a reader such as myself had to make. Seeing as how the book was written in the early 2000's that does make sense. I like his bend toward social justice and he also seems well traveled into the realm of secular thinkers and communicators. It does us a disservice as communicators in this century to be in our faith bubble and think that that's how people should think. It was a little tough reading all his stuff about being single and wondering about marriage and girlfriends ugh.. I know it was his journey but I have a bias, I think, about guys that aren't married. I just think of them as kids. There's an emotional muscle that marriage works that ...

Hanging out with Rainn

Took Rainn over to the soccer fields and just hung out with him for a while. He needs one on one time more than I think he lets on. He sort of gets squished in the middle of everything so it's nice to just see him. He really loves soccer and he's getting really good. In the future I really want to carve out time for him. He's a pretty great guy.

June 6th and 7th

Got to do some stuff around the house. Bought and put out the flowers for the summer. Sat in the yard and read Blue Like Jazz. Took the boys to soccer.. ya know that usual. It was nice to run some errands with Alissa and just talk about whatever. I guess you could say we got to CONNECT!